Wednesday 7 September 2016

Yipppppeeeee!


Eeeeekkk! My poor iPad.

Omg! After the distress of my iPad smashing I then had to deal with our home insurance fiasco.... Now we have pretty good home insurance and personal cover so I thought everything would be alright sorting out the technicalities regarding my iPad.  Hmmmmm appears that yes it was covered, awesome! We had an excess to pay.... Pretty standard no issues there.  I was so frustrated when told we had a further excess due to the item being an iPad! Really??? Hmmm here is the break down....

My original cost of iPad. ....... £420.00
Excess on policy....................£100.00-
iPad special excess...............£100.00-
Cost of new iPad...................£349.00
Money to me.........................£149.00!

The cost of the new iPad is what an iPad Air costs currently in the apple shop.... So the replacement cost. Taking off my horrendous excess I am only owed £149.00 to buy a new iPad! I was not happy let me tell you!! 

I bet your wondering what I did as I am back on line!? After distressing myself further wondering what to do....jon came up with a solution.  My pc got plugged back in! Yes I have a rather large touch screen pc, it's brilliant but currently have no where to put it or use it.  It did in fact get set up, I was online shortly, enough for Han to recover all the passwords I needed for everywhere I frequent online! Thank you Han!! I was only going to use my pc as a temporary measure as I literally forgot how to use it! Sounds silly even crazy right? But with my splds I find things easier the more times I do it over and over.... iPad goo! PC, not good! Lol 

It just was not feasible right now for me to go out and buy a new iPad.... Oh I would love one!! Just not in the budget now! So after me half heartedly coming to terms with not having an iPad Han came up with the most amazing idea! Go Han!! 

When I bought my iPad I bought Han one too, only hers was white and mine was black! For hans birthday in my you may recall we bought Han the iPad Pro with the pencil she wanted....oh and she loves it! I don't think I have seen a single day that she has not been on it drawing! No I don't have her iPad Pro! Lol she said I could have her small pad (same as my smashed one!) due to it technically actually being mine since I bought it! Awesome! So Han wiped all her things off it, thankfully she could transfer all my things on my smashed iPad via iTunes and voila! I am back!! 

I use my iPad for everything, and I become quite attached to things...when it smashed I literally cried.  All is well now as I am happy again using another iPad.  And to prevent a further smashed episode jon bought me an otter box to protect my iPad! I love otter box, I have one on my iPhone.... Lol my brick as its affectionately known! I have a 3GS iPhone I will not change as I know it and it does fine! It's protected with an otter box and has years of life in it! Safe as houses! 



Yeah! I will show you all my new case and 'iPad' when it arrives.... Lol Han will have to take that photo! 

As you all know I have not been doing so well health wise, I am so very fed up with being ill, frustrated in how slow things are not getting done too.  Jon and I changed Drs as the last one I feel basically gave up on me... Having changed to a new Drs now I am feeling optimistic and hoping things will finally get sorted? 

With the little food I can eat I have been trying to eat new things to get protein in me.  It's hard, and it's actually crazy how many foods make me I'll and poorly.  But I tried tuna last night... In a nice salad.  Han found me this interesting pasta, it's high in protein, better than the normal pasta. Here is a photo...it's very colourful, I put mushrooms in it too! tasted good too!


It was fine to eat, too much so ate it slowly over a bit of time.  It frustrates me no end being so restricted with what I eat, I just want to eat how I used to... Gosh even that feels so long ago! 

It's crazy checking and looking at every bit of packaging what I eat... Here is the list of things I can't have...it's shocking and quite long...

ALL dairy products
Soya
Egg
Meat
Celery
Oil
Fish (tuna is ok for now!)
Yeast (currently under investigation with wheat.... A seeded bread with nothing in it made me really poorly recently so we are looking at this now) 


I have reacted one way or another from everything on this list.... Since watching what I eat now the nausea I felt day in day out has gone! Bonus!! But literally even a hint of something on that list makes me ill or brings me out in a rash all over my neck and face and if bad actually starts to affect my wind pipe! It's very scary.  I still cannot believe when looking at packaging how much dairy is in things, if not dairy then it's soya... And egg! I physically cannot eat enough protein, it's my biggest problem.  The lady that comes to weigh me regular (yes my weight is going down all the time... I will let you know how much on her next visit) says because of the nutrients and vitamins i am lacking I am malnourished ... Crazy I know! So if anyone out there knows of a product/bar anything I can eat... (Checking the list of doom) I will buy it!! Even if I have to ship it from timbucktoo! Lol

Well enough about me! Not mush stitching shown on here lately .... Sorry! See I am doing a rather large project for Hands AcrossThe Sea Samplers. (Link in border) it's so pretty and I am loving stitching it, it's really helped me though the tough ill days, it's my ray of happiness! I will very very soon be able to share it with you all as I have alsmost finished it...honest! 

Until I next pop in, keep smiling 😊😊😊

11 comments:

  1. Oh dear Jacquie. Your meal actually looks good to me. :D I am sad for you, that you continue on in this nasty business of food trouble. Can you not get in touch with a dietician for help? Or maybe you did that already, I forget. Obviously you still need help. What about nuts for protein?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very pleased to hear that you will be protecting your "new" iPad! We have the Griffin Survivor cases on the ones my son use and a standard leather case on mine that flaps over to protect the screen when not in use.
    We bought our's from Argos using the 9 months interest free credit.
    The pasta looks tasty, hope the new doctor can help you out. Looking forward to seeing the new Hands sampler when you've finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are back with an i-pad! I am sorry though for all the foods you can't eat!Always thinking of you!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have an i-pad again - isn't it silly how set we get in the way we do things? I hope your new doctor can really give you some help and some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back up and running! Your dinner looks good ;) Good luck with the new doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back in action...I often wonder if insurance is worth it..I know it is but then it feels like we pay so much and do not get a lot back!! End of rant!! Can you eat hummus? Chick peas might be ok for you. As Vickie says how about nuts...I eat raw mixed nuts, but not peanuts as they can have moulds on them as they are grown under ground. We get things called Bliss Balls here that are ground up things like dates, cashews, gogi berries, sultanas those kinds of things rolled in coconut. They might be ok for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaquie: Yahoo another iPad.
    I had a friend who was on medication and found out her problems to food were due to the meds, so they changed meds and she is back to eating normal food again.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Otter Box! It is rather heavy, but provides great protection.
    I was also thinking of chick peas and hummus. You can make your own hummus easily so if the pre-made ones have ingredients you can't eat, you can add the ingredients you can. If it agrees with you, you can then add in things you can eat to make it taste better and work better for your needs.
    Good luck! I'm still sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting for my iPad otter box, it's on route.... From USA!
      Hummus, yes I have tried this, I have to be careful as some are made with olive oil and that one does not like me! Jon has tried and tried several times to make it at home, I have lost count of how many tins of chickpeas he has used! Ha he follows the ingredients and well, it's awful! So if you have a tried and tested one, please forward the recipie! He hee
      Smiles :)

      Delete
  9. That pasta looks yummy! Interesting you can eat tuna but not fish. I hope the new doc works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pasta was yummy..... But tuna in the end did not like me! 😒 So all fish is out!! I keep trying new foods to see if I can eat them.
      Smiles :)

      Delete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)