Wednesday 23 December 2015

More stitching....

Hello my friends and Merry Christmas!! 

Thought I would show you what I have been doing... Ha ha more stitching! 

Well I carried on with the Egyptian tut... And finished all the back stitching yippppeeee! The whole centre is finished now.  I am not sure if I want to stitch the border? Thinking on it! 

Here he is... All done! 


And see what I mean about the border? Looks like an endless task!


I will think on it more.... What do you all think? Should I stitch the border? 

Whilst thinking on this I picked up another project from the bucket of dooooo..... A lovely happy design, the wonderful Blue Ribbon design, Find Your Happy Place..

This is what it looked like before I picked it up again...


Do you recall that all I have to stitch is the border? Aarrghhhh... The border! Ha ha 

So I made a start...



Then as predicted I got bored! Ha ha so put it down! I hope to pick it back up again in a few days, I so so want to finish this.  I love it :)

Bet your wondering what else I have been doing? 

My mum bought me a stitching kit, for our anniversary... On Christmas Eve.  It's called Apache Marriage Blessing. Yes she gave it me a little early, but it's ok not too early! 

I wanted to sort all the threads, knowing what these kits are like I knew just sorting the threads would take me ages! I roped jon in to help me! Ha ha


Lol that little purple packet is not a sweetie... It's the needle in a packet!  The design is the kind of thing jon likes, see he is into wolves and dream catchers.  

Here is a close up of the actual design..


The colours are really pretty and I plan to start it this anniversary in hope to finish it by the next one! Ha ha  As and when I stitch this one I will show you my progress.  Ha ha I bet your all thinking it's off into the bucket of doooooo for you!? Ha ha your right!!! Ha ha it's an ongoing project! 

I can't believe it's actually Christmas Eve tomorrow.... Where on earth has this year gone? 

I would like to wish you all a merry happy smiley Christmas :)
And I would like to say a BIG thank you for being my blogger friends:)

Xxxxxxx

14 comments:

  1. A lovely anniversary gift, very special.
    King Tut does look good with the border stitched, perhaps just stitch on him one evening a week into the new year to get him completed.
    Happy anniversary to you both and Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I got so behind on reading your blog. Hope you are doing well. Your Tut looks amazing! I would put a border. Not necessarily the one on the chart, I am not to keen on it. Oh, what a lovely anniversary gift. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! That's a lovely kit that your mum gave you. I actually like stitching borders so I would definitely stitch the one on Tut as I think it's beautiful and sets off the design perfectly. But if you decide to leave it, it looks great as it is!
    Hope you and all your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary you two!
    You are so close on the Blue Ribbon Design one now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice progress. I think I would mat Tut, but that is me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! King Tut is amazing and wonderful.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and many blessings for the New Year!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tut is coming along great. I'm very curious to see what you decide on concerning the border. And your Blue Ribbon project will soon be finished. Great progress on all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary my dear friend.
    Love your stitching
    Keep well xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tut looks wonderful! I think it could use a border, but I agree that the one called for doesn't really do the pattern justice.
    Happy Place is really sweet and looking good, and I love your new Anniversary pattern.
    Happy Anniversary, Merry Christmas, and happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you all. Tut looks great the way he is, if you can I would not put a border around him. I think he is good the way he is. You have done allot of work on him and if you could afford to frame him a border would work great. Happy Anniversary to you both. Many more happy years and I do hope for you better health next year. Big Christmas Hugs to all of you. May you have a happy life together. love and hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very Merry Christmas and a happy and creative 2016! Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been very busy! I think the border looks gorgeous and if it were me I would stitch it, but that is just me. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas! Your projects are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! You know what I think about borders LOL
    The anniversary gift is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)