Thursday 29 October 2015

Go me!!!

Hello wonderful happy friends.... I have indeed been busy.. Have you??? 

Last time we spoke I was stitching the wonderful designs from Stitchers Anon... And yes I have done another one!! 

This one is Primitive heart - love


Look at the two I have done... Two to go...


They are a lot of fun to stitch... When I have stitched the other two I will decide how I am to finish them... I think I have a few options, so will have to look at my stash and decide.

Oooh now!!! I have to show you all the sweet package I got in the post.  Halloween is not celebrated in our home anymore so a lovely person sent me a treat!! 





I was thrilled with all the goodies :) it was from Maria over at Dottysdaughter blog.  She is ever so sweet.  I just love the cute pumpkin, I have it on my stitching shelf... Lol it will stay there all year!! Why not?!  And Oooh yummy sweeties too!! Thank you for your friendship and kindness Maria :)

So... What else have I been up to...

I can say that I have 2 parcels to post out!!! Yes I have been a busy bunny!! I am slowly working my way through sending thank you for friendship and kindness smiles out. Watch out you may recieve one!! Hee hee more on those later!!

I have been wanting to be a little more adventurous and try a quilt block... Nope not made one yet!! Well let's logically look at this... I have dyscalculia and accurately measuring looking at numbers is not a strong point of mine!! Let's just say I am useless!! It's taken me all day, yes all day to complete one block! Oh but let me tell you I am REALLY REALLY proud of myself for actually completing it.  I went into it this morning thinking, nope, this is going to be near impossible.. Hard! Jon encouraged me to give it a go, he actually helped me a lot with measuring and looking at the numbers.  And yes a few times I got a little frustrated as I just could not understand from the instructions what I was supposed to be doing.

I am a huge fan of everything Jacquelynne Steves designs... For some time now I have been meaning to 'experiment' / try her Cosy Afternoon Free Block of the month.  I think the reason I have not tried it is due to me thinking I was not up to the challenge.

But I gave it a go...

My journey of block 1 complete with naff photos! ( yes still rubbish at taking photos!)











As you keen eagle eyed folk out there would of spotted.... The side strips are not the same size.. Well they are on all four sides!! But not exactly like the pattern, this is and was due to me measuring it wrong! So now it has the quirky Jacquie look! 

To be honest it came out so much better than I had ever expected it would! It's given me the boost to try the other blocks! There are 5 blocks, each block is 12 inches, so they are a fair size, bigger than anything I have ever tried!.... I can do this :). Lol I will give it a good go! 

That is all I have been up to since I last posted!! Ha ha I love doing things, it's so much fun :)

Well off I go... Thank you for popping in to see me, feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them :)

Happy happy smiles to you all :) xx

12 comments:

  1. It looks great! I like the "special touches" on projects :). I have several of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, love the colours.
    Nice gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!!! Wonderful block Jacquie!!!!! Looking forward to the next block you do!! Love the stitcheries for Christmas...and a great present for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is smashing..you are on a roll....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a kind thing for Maria to do!
    Jacquie, I think it is so special that Jon has worked with you on this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Looks so sweet! I love your block!!! - and your stitching projects, of course.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely block - my "eagle eye" did not spot anything except beautiful stitching... The hearts are very nice, and so are the treats! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute finishes Jacquie and that square is gorgeous.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hearts are beautiful. Well done on giving the quilt block a go. Looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gifts and beatific patchwork. It looks like it was designed that way to me.

    Your two ornies are lovely too. Looking forward to seeing how you finish them.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)