Monday 7 September 2015

Look what I made....

Hello wonderful friends.... 

I have been trying to keep busy, ha ha whilst not moving much!

I have been working on the Satsuma Street design called Summers Flight....

Here is my journey..





Then I thought I could stitch some pieces of coloured fabric together for the back... By hand naturally as thee is no hope of getting any where near my sewing machine right now!

Colours I thought would go...


Stitched them by hand...



Then ironed them...


Stitched it together, slightly larger than the one the designer made...

Front...


Back...


The one the designer made...


I must admit it looks wonderful on linen... I may try another one on linen...ha ha when I can use my sewing machine.

I am happy with my attempt, it's good to try new things. As they say I have room for improvement!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Smiles to you all :)

11 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Jacqui....love the colours in the backing! Good to see you are sewing away there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous finish and the back looks marvellous, too. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been backreading your posts - oh, my dear friend, I do hope that you are on the road to recovery. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous, lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! Your hand stitching looks so much better than mine that's for sure! The colors you picked are perfect for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que de couleurs chatoyante!
    Un travail merveilleux,le choix des couleurs bien vivent est trés harmonieux

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous design stitched and finished perfectly!
    I too have been catching up on blog reading, so sorry to hear of your continued health issues. Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super finish, the colours you chose for the backing really do look nice togather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oOo! I love it! Fabulous colors Jacquie. I am praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)