Monday 17 August 2015

Thought I would just.... Pop in!

Hello lovelies!!
I have no excuse, well ok I have but I am sure you all don't want to be bothered with it.  

It's not that I want to neglect my blog... So thought I had better post something to assure you all I was still alive! 

What have I been up to??
To be perfectly honest, not a lot!!

My knee, oh my knee.... That's enough of that!! Ha ha 


And....
Jon the darling to cheer me up got me some pretty fabrics and told me to create something! 


So I did! Well I am trying to!! I had to organize myself so put all my bits into an old disused sewing box. The perfect place now!!






I am making hexies then when I have used all the fabric up I will put them all together ... Hmm I think I have been there before! Ha ha yes!! Look..... One that I did a few years back that is not finished! Well I have no table and have no clue really how to finish it.


Yes it's huge, not quite sure what I will do with it... It's kept in a bag in the cupboard. 

Oooh yes!
Jon again being the sweetie he is, let me get some lovely hand dyed linen from a new source to try.  They are from Chromatic Alchemy Fabrics and are on Facebook.  This is my selection.


   I have stitched on the fabric second from the right... I am useless with names, and these fabrics have the most amazing names. 

Stitchers Anon, yes the lovely Gale is doing a hop about with Holmey Hare... I naturally joined in!! Here is what I had to stitch...

It's on the new fabric, 32 count stitched with DMC threads 1 over 1.


Not a terribly good photo, sorry... But shows the lovely fabric!! 

Oooh yes I am feeling really inspired right now by things in magazines... I recently thought I would try a new American magazine...


I love it!!! It has such lovely designs to stitch inside and I love the feel of the glossy pages.... Ah the little things!! 

And OMG!!! Now you all know I adore Blue Ribbon designs, well in my latest World of Cross Stitching magazine are some lovely Halloween stitches :) 


And... WOW!! This beautiful stunning design inside my digital copy of Just Cross Stitch magazine!! So very excited.


Now all I need it time!! Time to stitch all the wonderful things!! 

Talking of wonderful things.. I am still stitching the Scarlet Letter design, Mary Gail.... Stitched on 45 count linen with DMC threads... It's so lovely.  I had stopped everything for a while... But I am stitching again now and it's helping.  


So you can see I have not done that much more... But I will get back into the swing of it again.  Feeling sad and low is hard to cope with, but I know stitching helps so I will try and stick with it this time.

Sorry it's been a little while, just wanted to let you know I am still here!!
Smiles :)



11 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are keeping busy while hopefully being very persistent with those dopes who say you must wait 5 YEARS for knee replacement.
    Oh my! Oh my! That new pattern. I wish my subscription would have come today in the mail. While I did have cancer, it was melanoma, not breast cancer. But I would love to stitch that pattern up with the pink! :D
    Hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found it in yourself to make an appearance :p. More glad you're okay! Gosh, the enthusiasm...I've caught it! But really, the Prim magazine I really forgot about. I'll have to check into getting that one. It's pretty cool you can get some Halloween stitching there instead of having to order to the U.S. Your new start is looking great and the Scarlett design looks better and better. At least you're keeping yourself busy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was starting to wonder where you were..................
    those hexie flowers you have been making are so soft and pretty..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear from you :) I love your new fabrics especially the black and blue one. I can't wait to see what you stitch on it. I may have to create something similar for a project I'm thinking of doing. Hope things start looking up! If you need to talk to someone my e-mail is always open :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are the woman of many talents. I did one small quilt, just a runner and I'm done with sewing machines. I admire everyone who can quilt but I prefer my little stitches. Don't be sad and low, life is just to short for such feelings. I wish I was a little closer to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear from you!! I've been a little out of sorts, myself, but will hopefully be back on track very soon--I need to do a post, also!
    I love all your pretty fabrics and stitching! Lovely!
    I'm sorry the knee is still giving you trouble......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely things to help you in your recovery and keep you busy. Pretty fabrics and your sewing basket looks lovely all filled up.
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep your spirits up and keep crafting!!!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you still around and keeping busy! The hexies are great fun and the quilt is lovely.
    So many nice designs being released at the moment too. It's hard to keep up with Belinda!
    Mary Gail is looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. o man, look at those hand dyed fabrics! The dark blue one is my favorite (blue bias la la laaa~) but I also like that one on the far right. So lovely, all of them~! :D

    Your quilt top is a great design too. That would make a lovely fall piece to throw on the bed if you ever find a way to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to see your post - hope things are progressing health-wise for you. ALl your fabric and stitching looks amazing. Keep that needle threaded and full of adventure!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)