Thursday 28 February 2013

Day 47...

What I ate today... Thursday 28th February 2013

Breakfast...

All dry fried with a touch of olive oil.  Sliced mushrooms, cherry tomato's, 2 medallions of bacon.  Scrambled egg with mushroom, cherry tomato and black pepper all mixed in. (blended together using new toy!)  I know the egg is a 'grey' boring colour but tastes SO nice.


Snack...

Small piece of home made 'healthy' bar with fruit tea.  Basically I followed a recipe and made the bars!.. ok so first attempt they are thinner and slightly browner than I would like... but nice!  I will post the recipe below.



Lunch...

Tuna salad, with cucumber and cherry tomato's. 


Snack...  

Cut up half of a small melon and ate this!  Very refreshing. With the recommended 5-6 nuts!



Dinner...

Fresh salmon flaked and added to our own special rice!  100g of brown whole wheat rice, mixed vegetables.  I thin omelette cut into cubes and added all together with Special rices paste (on a previous day there is a photo of the jar).


Dinner looks very bland, I actually think its my lighting!  It tasted really good though! :)

I experimentd with my new gadget!  And blended all the ingredients in my scrambled egg!  OK so it does not look a 'nice' colour but it tasted good! :)

So yes... I decided to make some 'healthy' bars... looked all over the net for a low carb,low fat, low sugar and healthy snack.  This is what I came up with... saying that I am not 100% happy with it as to me it tastes really sweet!  Shocking I know me thinking something is too sweet!  The only real 'sugary' thing in it is natural honey... need to find an alternative as carb wise I think its too much.  I like it as its got nuts and seeds in it... I think I need the courage to just experiment with natural ingredients... maybe?

I should say as I got it off an American web site the measurements are in 'cups', I find this SO much easier to do than the UK way.  I left out the Bitter sweet chocolate and flax seed as I could not find any :(

The 'healthy' bars:

2  and 1/2 cups Unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
1/2 cup bitter sweet chocolate
1/2 cup Peacan nuts
1/3 cup Pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup Dried cranberries
x2 Table spoons Sesame seeds
x2 Table spoon Flax seed
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 Tea spoon Vanilla extract

Then I chopped the nuts up to smaller pieces, some tiny and others chunky.  Then basically heated up the honey and vanilla extract until runny and added to all the other ingredients.  Mixed it all together really well, then put grease proof paper in an oven dish.  Filled the dish with the ingredients and pressed down hard into the dish. To about the thickness of a 'normal' healthy bar size you buy!

Put in to the oven, on low!  Until golden brown! Keep checking as I burnt mine :(

Take out of oven, cool and cut.  It cuts easily when cool, and then store in an air tight container.

These are the details of it... Per Bar, going on 8 inches.

109 Cals
5g Fat
0g Cholesterol
7g Carbs
12g Sugar
1g Protein
1g Fibre
54mg Sodium

And that is that really!  Now if your reading this and think I could 'tweek' it somewhere... please leave a note :)  Its a learning curve!

Have another session with The Weight Loss Guys tonight and oooh its going to be good!  I am still actually hurting at the back of my legs from Tuesdays evening!  But I love it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)